Workpackage 1: Ethics, training, standardisation, and data collection
Prof. Christine Freitag
Objectives and Tasks of the Workpackage
This WP is led by the head of the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Goethe-University, Frankfurt, Prof. Dr. Christine M. Freitag.
The aim of this WP is to ensure the proper ethical conduct of all studies related to human participants, to train the participants in the appropriate data collection of the relevant measures, to standardise data collection, and to ensure that sufficient data are collected within the time frame of the study. The ethical issues related to animal studies will be dealt with in WP8. The psychotherapy training will be addressed in WP7. All studies will be conducted according to legal regulations of the European Union, national legislation, and the declaration of Helsinki, latest revision. All study protocols will be approved by the relevant ethical committees prior to the start of any data collection.
- Ethical approval for all studies including humans
- Systematic assessment and discussion of ethical issues throughout the duration of the project
- Establish standard operation procedures for clinical, neuropsychological, ANS, neuroendocrine, and brain imaging studies as well as DNA collection from blood and saliva
- Training of all partners in clinical, neuropsychological, ANS, neuroendocrine, and DNA data collection
- Monitoring data collection for the cross-sectional and longitudinal studies of WP2-WP4