Objectives and Tasks of the Workpackage
This WP is led by the head of the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy of children and adolescents, Goethe-University, Frankfurt, Prof. Dr. Christine M. Freitag.
The aim of WP 2 is to study genetic, epigenetic and environmental risk factors in the cross-sectional and longitudinal sample.
The following tasks are done:
- Establishing a standardized measurement battery for environmental risk factors (pre-, peri-, postnatal and medical risk factors, history of trauma, acute life events, parenting measures, socio-economic status, migration status, neighbourhood quality, peer influences etc.).
- Collection and extraction of DNA samples, and data collection of environmental risk factors for the case and control subjects.Pilot Study to identify differentially methylated gene loci in female CD
- Re-evaluation and exploration of environmental correlates of methylation pattern in female CD
- Investigation of genetic, environmental and g x e interaction in female CD.
- We will use up to date genetic and epigenetic analyses to elicit gene x environment interaction in female CD on a molecular basis.